A full set of rules is supplied with each membership, but the basic rules are as follows:
* The period for which it is legal to fish for Trout is from 22 March to 30 September inclusive.
* Only ONE ROD to be used at any one time.
* NO SPINNING AT ANY TIME.
* A spinning reel may NOT BE USED at ANY TIME or for ANY PURPOSE.
* Ground baiting and maggot fishing strictly prohibited.
* Hours of fishing are 6am to one hour after sunset.
* All fish measuring less than ten inches from nose to cleft of tail must be returned to the water immediately.
* Members must adhere to the North East Region Fisheries Byelaws.
* The grayling season on the Derwent is 16 June to 31 December and includes the whole of the club’s water, from Lintzford up to the reservoir. This is extended until 31 January from the Kings Head bridge at Shotley Bridge up to Allensford Bridge. All grayling fishing is fly-only on barbless hooks and all fish are to be returned at all times.